cPanel is a suite of tools built for Linux OS that gives you the ability to automate web hosting tasks via a simple graphical user interface. It removes the complexity of creating advanced server configurations and comes equipped with automatic updates, built-in backups, and all the tools you’ll need to get up and running. Its goal is to make managing servers easier for you and managing websites easier for your customers.
Create and Automate
Streamline tedious server management tasks while empowering your customers to administer every facet of their website using simple, point-and-click software.
Manage and Control Features
- Choose from hundreds of features either baked into cPanel, or available as third-party add-ons, to create unique packages for your users to choose from.
- Allow any PHP version on your servers, domains, or accounts and manage them all seamlessly through the MultiPHP Manager.
- Generate sub-user accounts for individuals in a company or an organization and grant full or limited access to Webmail, FTP, databases, or Web Disk.
- Manage multiple domains on a single cPanel account, with addon, parked, and subdomains, allowing your users to easily manage more than one site on your server.
Mail, Calendars, and Contacts
- Create accounts, forwarders, and autoresponders as well as account-level filtering in Webmail and utilize calendars and contacts for personal and business needs.
- Develop and store MySQL and PostgreSQL databases and exercise full administrative control over the sub-user accounts that can access the information.
Protect and Secure
Safeguard your machine as well as your customers from a range of attacks and system failures.
Transfers and Backups
- Automatically backup all data and create a seamless experience when transferring information between cPanel-installed servers.
Analytics and Server Monitoring
- Know what is going on with your server at any time of the day and glean more insights on the things affecting your machine with server monitoring tools.
- Prevent malicious software from trying to muscle through your password security with cPHulk, a brute force defense system that protects your users, your accounts, and your machine.
- Encrypt outbound messages and reinforce the way your machines downloads and uploads information to and from servers with GnuPG signed updates.
- Limit spam from infiltrating your mail server with Greylisting, a tool that temporarily rejects unrecognized senders.
- Secure every endpoint on a server with a domain-validated (DV) SSL certificate in less than a minute.
- Never fear losing information. With Backup Wizard, site owners can edit and restore files, folders, and websites, partially or entirely, and monitor disk space usage.